Job Title: Electronics Engineer
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Ringwood, Hampshire
From Government organisations and blue chips to SMEs, our mission is to provide businesses with the technology they need to simplify complex solutions in a digital world. Headquartered in the UK, Smarter Technologies is the creator and owner of the award-winning Orion, The Real-Time Data Network™. The network offers a full range of real-time tracking, monitoring and smart sensing solutions, connecting the physical world to the digital universe and pioneering the way for cities and countries to become smarter and more efficient. Closely coupled with our digital transformation and consultancy expertise, our bespoke applications and control platforms allow for real-time alerts and management information for fast action and agile decision-making.
Seeking an electronics engineer with experience of both hardware and embedded software development, capable of undertaking all aspects of new product delivery from quotation, concept, design and validation through to manufacture.
The ideal candidate must have a methodical and structured approach to the design engineering process which, starting from a functional requirements specification, would typically include:
- schematic capture
- PCB layout
- prototype assembly
- embedded software development in ‘C’
- product test and validation
- specification of product test procedure
- production of manufacturing data
Demonstrable experience in some or all of the following:
- CAD tools for schematic capture and PCB layout
- industry standard tools for embedded code development in ‘C’ e.g., GCC, Eclipse
- design of low voltage digital and analogue electronics
- low power design techniques for battery powered devices
- microcontrollers typically 32 bit e.g., ARM Cortex
- embedded communication interfaces SPI, UART, I2C
- IoT wireless modules e.g., cellular modems, ISM, LoRa, BLE
- development of companion PC software to assist with internal product testing
Subject to experience and qualifications.
To be considered for this vacancy, please submit your daytime contact telephone number & current CV to: email@example.com