Graduate Automated Tester
Job Title: Graduate Automated Tester
Reports To: Head of Product Development and Architecture
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Ringwood/Newport, Wales
Smarter Technologies’ ability to flex and deliver small bespoke solutions and major transformation programmes is built on a model where the client’s needs and goals are prioritised over everything else.
Currently undergoing a period of rapid growth through word of mouth recommendations Smarter Technologies associates are right now helping senior leaders across Government plan and deliver some of the most exciting and truly transformational programmes required to modernise public services.
Calling all Graduates! We understand that you are graduates, and will not have unfair expectations of your experience. Part of the role will include training and personal growth for applicants. The below outlines the role as will be fulfilled over time; not necessarily rise to immediately. If you feel you would be well suited, but are worried about experience, please apply!
The Graduate Automated Tester will join a dynamic development team working on a range of exciting projects using cutting-edge technologies. The intention is to expand the business over the next 2-3 years. Activities will include building out the next generation of highly-scalable, reusable and performant distributed services and applications for Smarter Technologies’ extensive and diverse range of customers and clients. The successful candidate will need to hit the ground running, with a proven track record in software development of enterprise-class solutions that consistently exceed customer expectations.
- Designing, building, testing and maintaining efficient, reusable and reliable unit-tested code.
- Implementing solutions using a range of languages and technologies.
- Assisting with understanding customer requirements, technical design and estimation.
- Taking personal responsibility for ensuring all code that goes to production is of top quality and meets customer requirements and needs.
- Ensuring new and existing applications are scaled to meet expected demand.
- Continuously improving the software infrastructure, such as the deployment process.
- Undertaking code reviews, providing constructive feedback and advising on best practice and coding standards.
- Testing both backend and frontend of the application.
- Develop and maintain UI and API tests and automated test frameworks
- Maintain the implementation of the delivery pipeline, including test automation, framework.
- Verify system functionality by executing automated and manual tests, analyzing results.
- Ensure that the software meets the business and quality requirements
- Review and debug code.
- Collaborate with developers, and product managers to understand user requirements, business goals, and technical constraints.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code using a range of languages
- Ability to design, implement and automate smoke, regression and performance tests
- Integrate automate tests into CI / CD pipelines
- Use automated solutions to ensure User Interfaces are accessible and adhere to WCAG 2.1
- Assist in creating and maintaining the testing framework
- Stay updated with the latest trends, techniques, and best practices in UX design and development.]
Essential Requirements, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, preferably in subjects related to Information Technology.
- Delivering solutions using Agile methods (Scrum, XP, etc), utilising Test-Driven Development, code refactoring, with a strong awareness of the principles of creating ‘clean code’.
- Developing and delivering software for commercial and public sector organisations, with a logical approach to problem solving.
- Cloud-computing platforms and services (ideally Azure).
- Using source control tools such as Git
- Confident demonstrating test results in show and tells to product owner, business stakeholders and end users
The following technologies:
- C# / .NET Framework, ASP.NET Core
- Playwright / Selenium framework
- Postman for API testing
- Newman for API Automation
- HTML5, CSS
- GitHub Actions
- Understanding of Azure Technologies
Personal attributes and competencies
- Passionate about software development, and producing high quality, innovative code and solutions.
- A quick learning capability, easily picking up new technical concepts.
- Ability to spot trends in the market and implement most efficient technologies.
- A can-do, self-motivated attitude, with a strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus a relentless ability to come up with different ideas and initiatives that will help the business to achieve its objectives
Desirable Requirements Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- A great sense of humour.
- A good understanding of working with a public sector organisation.
- Experience of creating CI / CD pipelines utilising Github Actions
- Understanding of backend technologies and APIs.
- Knowledge of version control systems (e.g., Git).
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies.
To apply, please send your CV and a letter of motivation to: