Graduate UX/UI Developer
Job Title: Graduate UX/UI Developer
Reports To: Head of Product Development and Architecture
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Ringwood/Newport, Wales
Smarter Technologies is experiencing rapid growth and is known for delivering both small bespoke solutions and major transformation programs. Our focus is on prioritizing the needs and goals of our clients. We are currently working on exciting projects to modernize public services and are seeking enthusiastic graduates to join our team. We understand that as graduates, you may not have extensive experience, and we are committed to providing training and personal growth opportunities to support your development.
Purpose: As a Graduate UX/UI Developer, you will join a dynamic development team and work on a range of exciting projects using cutting-edge technologies. Your main objective will be to design and develop user experiences that meet the needs of our diverse range of customers and clients. You will play a vital role in building intuitive and engaging interfaces that exceed customer expectations and contribute to the success of our business.
- Collaborate with developers, and product managers to understand user requirements, business goals, and technical constraints.
- Create wireframes and prototypes to visualize and communicate design concepts and interactions.
- Translate wireframes, prototypes, and design concepts into functional and interactive user interfaces.
- Ensure the user interfaces are accessible and comply with accessibility standards and guidelines.
- Conduct user research and usability testing to gather feedback and insights for iterative design improvements.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure seamless integration of front-end components with backend systems.
- Assist in creating and maintaining design systems, pattern libraries, and style guides.
- Stay updated with the latest trends, techniques, and best practices in UX design and development.
- Continuously improve the user experience of our digital products by proposing innovative ideas and solutions.
Essential Requirements, Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, preferably in subjects related to Information Technology, Human-Computer Interaction or Design.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and methodologies.
- Familiarity with responsive design.
- Basic knowledge of user research techniques and usability testing.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively in a cross-functional team.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and project requirements.
Desirable Requirements, Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- A portfolio showcasing your skills and abilities.
- Experience with front-end frameworks and libraries such as React, Angular, or Vue.js.
- Familiarity with design tools such as Figma, or Adobe XD.
- Knowledge of interaction design principles and information architecture.
- Understanding of backend technologies and APIs.
- Knowledge of version control systems (e.g., Git).
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies.
Personal Attributes and Competencies:
- A great sense of humor.
- Passionate about user experience and creating high-quality, innovative designs and solutions.
- Quick learning capability, easily picking up new concepts and technologies.
- Proactive attitude, self-motivated, and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical thinking.
- Creative mindset with the ability to generate unique ideas and initiatives.
To apply, please send your CV, a portfolio showcasing your relevant work, and a letter of motivation to:
Note: We welcome applications from candidates with a range of experiences and understand that this role is aimed towards graduate candidates. We value your potential and are committed to providing training and support to help you grow in your role.