Job Title: In-House Contract Lawyer
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Ringwood, Hampshire
From Government organisations and blue chips to SMEs, our mission is to provide businesses with the technology they need to simplify complex solutions in a digital world. Headquartered in the UK, Smarter Technologies is the creator and owner of the award-winning IoT data network, the Orion Data Network. The network offers a full range of real-time tracking, monitoring and smart sensing solutions, connecting the physical world to the digital universe and pioneering the way for cities and countries to become smarter and more efficient. Closely coupled with our digital transformation and consultancy expertise, our bespoke applications and control platforms allow for real-time alerts and management information for fast action and agile decision-making. It’s Your World, Smarter.
In-house Contract Lawyer to provide sound, accurate and commercial legal advice on matters affecting the business, that will enable the business to operate in accordance with best practice as well as in accordance with all applicable legislation.
Skills & Attributes:
- Law degree or CILEX or similar/equivalent
- An in-depth knowledge of commercial contract law
- Working knowledge & experience of privacy law, IP & patent law, copyright & trademark law in the content of commercial contracts / agreements.
- Demonstrable experience in registration of IP, Patent & Trademark registrations.
- Minimum of 2 years commercial legal experience with experience gained and competence demonstrated over a wide area of business requirements.
- Solve complex contractual problems & seek solutions that support business strategy;
- Support the organization with contractual arrangements that require variation to comply with new legislation & regulations;
- Demonstrable experience in drafting & negotiation of partnership / distributor global agreements / contracts.
- Can independently review and draft a wide variety of contractual terms;
- Ability to get a quick and early grasp of the various operational and commercial risks faced by the business & manage these risks in the context of their respective commercial contracts.
The ideal candidate will have some (if not all) of the following characteristics & skills:
- Previous experience working in-house;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment;
- Membership in the International Association for Contract & Commercial Management (IACCM) or National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and professional certification are a plus
£40,000 to £50,000 per annum
To apply, please send your CV and a letter of motivation to: