Job Title: 1st Line IT Support and Provisioning Engineer (JML)
Reports To: Head of Product Development and Architecture
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: London, UK
Smarter Technologies’ ability to flex and deliver small bespoke solutions and major transformation programmes is built on a model where the client’s needs and goals are prioritised over everything else.
Currently undergoing a period of rapid growth through word of mouth recommendations Smarter Technologies associates are right now helping senior leaders across Government plan and deliver some of the most exciting and truly transformational programmes required to modernise public services.
Visionist Consulting focuses on transforming the digital platforms, capabilities and processes for government departments, businesses and not-for-profits. The role is onsite at one of Visionists customers BEIS (Business, Energy and industrial strategy) and Department of International Trade (DIT).
Description of Role:
BEIS and DIT have over 10,500 users to support. The JML team are responsible for onboarding new starters as well as assisting to “move” accounts of employees moving between government departments. The JML team can deal with up to 570 new starters each month and as part of that take care of the account work, asset assignment and deployment to the new starter whilst also maintaining hardware asset management standards.
As well as BAU activities the team look after the government fast streamers and Work Experience schemes which follow separate processes around new starters.
- User Account Creation – From basic user accounts to the creation of Ministerial accounts in Active Directory along with correct group membership.
- Asset Management – Service Now function to assign equipment and status to each new starter and conform with government standards.
- Pre-Stage Configuration – Loading profiles on to each laptops within Zscaler, Okta, Teams and other applications required.
- Deployment – Classroom and remote deployment to groups and individuals.
- Reporting – Volumes and SLAs of the new starters each month and providing reporting within Service Now on the SLA result.
Skills and Experience:
- Active Directory experience in account creation and Group Membership
- Working Knowledge of Zscaler and Okta
- O365 experience with Licensing and configuration
- Experience in presenting to groups of up to 25 people
- Training experience would be an advantage
- ITIL Foundation certification would be an advantage
- Experience in Service Now (Request Management)
- Experience in working in demanding environments and under pressure to deliver.
- Must be smart and presentable and comfortable to interact with Senior Executives and VIPs including Government Ministers.
Security Clearance is a necessary requirement to work with our clients.
To apply, please send your CV and a letter of motivation to: